Thursday, December 18, 2008

According To Plan

No need for the coffee pit stop. The Power Pumpkin Pancakes held me to lunch. I love when that happens! I stopped home for lunch and when I walked in the door, I was instantly hungry. I decided to make the quickest thing possible. I went with a turkey and cheese wrap. I used 2 oz. turkey, a slice of 2 % cheese, lettuce and a squirt of dijonnaise all rolled in a La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Tortilla. I also had 2 clementines and a serving of pretzel sticks. A smart and delicious 6 Point lunch...





I've been craving a smoothie, shake or cold drink today, even though it's nippy outside. I used to have smoothies for breakfast, but they just don't hold me long enough. But for a snack, it works out o.k. I was getting ready to pull out the yogurt and fruit, but then I saw my new love, PB2! I thought it would be great in a shake! I was thinking chocolate (of course!) and peanut butter, so here's what I ended up concocting: a PB2 Black and White Shake. These are the top billing stars...



Soy Slender is another awesome product. It is 70 cal., 3 gr. fat and 3 gr. fiber for 1 cup. That is 1 WW Point and it tastes great, even in cereal! So for my shake, I used 1 c. Soy Slender, 2 tbsp. PB2 powder, 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder and about 6 ice cubes all whizzed up in the blender! That's it, easy and yum for only 2 Points! I took it "to go" and sipped it while driving little daughter to dance class (she demanded I make her one when we got home!)...


Another quickie dinner tonight. I decided to subject the family to eating the delicious Cha Siu Bao that I really like. They put up a fight, but ended up eating it! It's doughy and soft - what's not to like people!!!! Okay, I'll stop yelling :) I made a salad with cucumbers and Kraft Light Three Cheese Ranch Dressing. It was just right for a late dinner. A good tasting 6 Point dinner...


Now wait until you see dessert! I remembered I had a couple Deep Chocolate Vitatops in the freezer and I thought it should marry PB2!! I am really getting my fill of this stuff today. I defrosted the Vitatop, mixed up the PB2 and used it as "icing" on the Vitatop. I sprinkled with 1 tsp. mini chocolate chips for cuteness. Can you stand this- and for only 2.5 Points (the .5 Point is the tsp. of mini chips)?? Oh my greatness, if you are a chocolate and peanut butter fan, this is your new best friend...




BFF's =)




5 comments:

Unknown said...

How do you make your pumpkin pancakes?

And the vitatop looks awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything looks great!!!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Melissa- enter Power Pumpkin Pancakes in the search (upper left) and the post with the recipe should come up. I believe it was November 26. Hope you like them!

Anonymous said...

wow.

that dessert looks AMAZING and I have some vita tops in the freezer!

Angela Power said...

Ohhhhh yeah baby! I'm tellin yas! PB2 is where it's at! The only thing your shake was missing was some instant espresso powder = yum. My favourite shake when I was into the protein shake thing was 1c unsweetened vanilla almond breeze (= your soy slender), chococlate protein powder (= your cocoa), PB2 and a tsp of instant espresso powder = YUM. Tonight I'll be posting a similar oatmeal variation I had for breakfast today :-)