Friday, December 12, 2008

Rush,Rush,Rush!!

I have been running(not in an exercise way) since early this morning! I woke up extra early so that I could fit in my workout - yay, me- before going with big daughter on an all day field trip to a cool museum. I was rush, rush, rushing because big daughter begged that I not be late - I'm trying to get better with that! So, breakfast was short and sweet. A Banana Date Breakfast Cookie and some Eggnoggin Tea - to go...

Before I left, I had to pack my lunch for the field trip. I thought a wrap would be a good thing. I finally found a suitable replacement for the other store brand tortillas that I was using and my store discontinued. These wraps are called La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious. They sure are! Each tortilla is 80 cal., 3 gr. fat, and 12 gr. fiber. Also, 1 Point. Yipee...


I made a wrap with 2 oz. turkey, a handful of baby spinach, slice of center cut bacon and a tsp. Kraft Light Three Cheese Ranch Dressing. I also brought an apple and bottle water. Perfect and not too sloppy!



We had to wolf this down in a nanosecond since the teachers had us on a tight schedule. I snapped this picture as quick as I could (people were looking at me strangely, too - the one side effect of food blogging!) and I gobbled it up.


It was nice to spend time with big daughter. She isn't completely embarassed of me yet, and did acknowledge my presence most of the time we were at the museum. We had a good time!


Then, there was more rushing to get home and also, rushing to make some cookies for a Christmas party I am attending tonight. I tried a lowfat cookie recipe from Aimee's Adventures called Caramel Kiss Cookies and regular Gingersnaps recipe that I make often at holiday time. I tried the Caramel Kiss Cookies and they were good! They are cute little guys and only 1 Point per cookie...


Betcha can't eat just one...... :)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Spending time with your daughter, a museum, and a field trip all in one event - how cool!! Sounds like a blast :)

Your cookies had me drooling! I'm curious, what do you think of the dressing? I have such a difficult time finding a decent, low fat dressing. I always like to hear people's opinions!

Anonymous said...

Definitely just can't eat one. I need two cookies! Haha!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Bunny Trails - I REALLY like the Kraft Three Cheese Light Dressing. It does not taste "light" at all. I have never been a fan of light or fat free(eeewwww) dressings, but I stumbled upon this one and it's a keeper. Another great one is the Marie's Light Blue Cheese Dressing. If you're into blue cheese dressing, this tastes like the real thing. You can search my blog on the upper left corner for the Marie's and get my past reviews/uses/picture of what it looks like. Give them both a try; I think you'll like them!

Angela Power said...

That all looks wonderful :-) And I totally get the strange looks thing snapping the pics of the food! lol

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm pretty cookies!

eggnoggin' tea is a great way to start the day!