Monday, December 1, 2008

Heat and Eat

Tonight's dinner was a heat and eat again. The day was busy and time got away from me. Before I knew it , it was 6:15 and the natives were getting restless. I decided on meatballs that I made and had in the freezer. I nuked them (thank God for the micro) and put them on rolls. Dumped some carrots on their plates with ranch dressing and called it "dinner". Little daughter complained that she hates meatballs and proceeded to eat the entire sandwich! I guess that's the key, starve them so they'll eat what you make!



I didn't want to spend the points on "real" meatballs, so I decided to try out these Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs. A serving is 6 (I'll call them "mini" meatballs -they are smallish) meatballs for 140 cal., 6 gr. fat and 4 gr. fiber...





I am generally a fan of soy-type products. I was even a vegetarian for a while (unfortunately, chocolate and cheese were considered vegetarian, so that didn't work out very well for me in the weight loss department!), so I'm not skittish about trying these types of products. I nuked the 6 little guys in the micro and put them on a roll. Unfortunately, I didn't have any sauce to put on it, so I just squirted a little ketchup. They were fine tasting on the roll. I did try one plain and it was a bit bland; I do think these need some doctoring. But, texture-wise they were good. I'll give them another whirl.


I also ate some carrots and Gram's green beans(had a serving in the freezer) ...


I had room for dessert and bought a few different ice creams earlier today for the husband and daughters . I got some Breyers Fat Free Double Churn Ice Cream in the Caramel Swirl flavor. This tastes AMAZING (even the husband LOVES it AND he KNOWS it's fat free!!). One serving is 1/2 c. , 100 cal., 0 gr. fat, 3 gr. fiber...


I topped it with a Holiday Ginger Cookie...


YUM-E!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That finale dessert looks so adorable. A christmas tree surrounded by snow! I want some now! =)

Anonymous said...

delish dinner - love the festive dessert - too cute :)

Anonymous said...

oooooh! That dessert looks AWESOME!