Monday, December 29, 2008

Day Two

I woke up feeling a lot better today, both mentally and physically. Although, my legs are sore as all get out from my run/walk yesterday! I guess that's a good thing. With one good Point tracking day under my belt, I am ready for day two...

For breakfast, I had a Thomas' Light English Muffin with PB2. In case you haven't noticed, a really am a fan of this PB2 stuff!



It was a good 2 Point breakfast, but I had this waiting in the wings...

I had an idea for Apple Cranberry Bread (I am banana and pumpkined out for now!) and I wanted to give it a whirl. It came out really good, so I had to have a piece which was an additional 2 Points...


For lunch, it was split pea soup again. I had a ham wrap and some apple and grapes along with it for a filling 6 Points...



I guess I was missing my chips because I snagged a small handfull of pretzel sticks ( 1 Point) after that. I wasn't really still hungry, but I needed more "crunch".

Posting this has made me hungry, so I just ran downstairs to grab another slice of apple cranberry bread for my snack...

It's pretty hearty since it's made with whole wheat pastry flour and just a little bit sweet from the apples and cranberries. A nice 2 Point snack.


Well, day two is almost through (hey, I'm a poet) and so far so good. I wanted to share something I read that I think is spot on with respect to what we have all been going through during this holiday eating season. Great, sound advice : check out MizFit's post on Damage Limitation.

Words to live by...

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That bread looks really yummy!

Also, I have someone sending me some PB2 b/c they don't care for it, so I will be able to try it soon enough!!

I am having a hard time stopping the holiday munching!!

Simple and Divine said...

pb2 is SUCH a nice vacay from the uber scary pb. i even like the powder in yogurt mmm

thewwchick said...

I loooooove PB2! I need to order more of it, speaking of.

Anonymous said...

hey marisa :) i just saw your comment on my blog... i have a polar f4 - i got it at target this time last year for close to $80... it's a little pricey but DEFINITELY worth the investment - honestly, i cant imagine working out without it... i love seeing how many calories i burn during my workouts and i can use it to gauge how hard/intense my workout is going thus far... i also use it to gauge whether i should push myself OR pull back a bit :) let me know if u have any questions about it :)

Anonymous said...

I definitely know what you mean about that extra "crunch" factor!