Thursday, December 11, 2008

Momentum

I was not hungry this morning at all. Could it be that my Momentum plan dessert last night was carrying me over until this morning? Or maybe that I just made a big pig of myself and my stomach couldn't handle the notion of more food shoved in there! In any event, I decided that I would be a good little Weight Watcher and try to implement the principles of the Momentum plan with respect to eating more filling and wholesome foods today. Since nothing was really screaming at me to be eaten this morning, I figured I would go with something on the lighter side. I bought this Quaker Oatmeal Squares Cereal and thought I'd give it a go...



This cereal tastes great. But for me , it's a little too "Pointy". A 1 c. serving is 210 cal. -4 Points and by the time you add milk, it's way more than I'm willing to spend for cereal. Although, a 1/2 c. serving at 2 Points added to a Fiber One Strawberry Yogurt was a better alternative and plenty good tasting for 3 Points. It was a perfect portion for my appetite ...


I planned on staying home today to catch up on some much needed housework. No one was home (except the dog!), so I was able to zoom around without too many distractions other than my own. I am often my own worst enemy, especially when I'm in the kitchen. I have a million things that I should be doing, but I decide "Oh, I wanted to make...blah, blah". So then I mess up the kitchen ALL over again. Of course this happened today, also. In keeping with my Momentum theme for the day, I wanted to try a hummus recipe from Lindsay over at For The Love Of Oats . All I can say is AMAZING!!! It was a cinch to make and the taste was tops! I liked it so much better than store bought hummus. I used 2 tbsp. spread over 4 Kashi TLC Roasted Garlic and Thyme Crackers (remember those big guys?). To complete the "filling foods" requirement that my stomach has, I added some carrots and a serving of Tabatchnick Vegetable Soup...

Surprisingly, this was a filling meal and pretty low Point. The amazing hummus comes to 2 Points for 2 tbsp., the crackers are 2 Points for 4 and the soup is 1 Point. Zippo for the carrots.
I think I can keep my Momentum going... at least until dinner :)...


2 comments:

American Homemaker said...

Her recipe looks about like the kind I make. It's the missing tahini paste that makes it better than store bought :)

Anonymous said...

awww yay! im glad you liked it!!!