Monday, December 1, 2008

REfocus

Time to REfocus today. I decided not to psychoanalyze myself and my eating habits yesterday, nor will I get on the scale as I am quite certain it will say mean things to me! So, I will not talk about pudgyness or yuckiness unless it pertains to food. I am very mature this morning, don't you think? I know, it's a stretch :)

On to the food....
I came up with a variation of the warm pumpkin pie cream of wheat this morning. I thought if it tastes good with pumpkin, apple would be even better!! I had a Curves Apple Streusel Granola Bar hanging around and thought it would make a great topping. These bars are tasty and only 100 cal., 1.5 gr. fat and 5 gr. fiber...



So, here's my recipe for Apple Streusel Cream of Wheat...
  • 3 tbsp. Whole Grain Cream of Wheat
  • 3/4 c. water
  • dash of salt
  • 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 packet Splenda
  • 1 Curves Apple Streusel Granola Bar, cut into small pieces

Cook Cream of Wheat with water and salt, according to package directions for microwave. Add applesauce and Splenda, stir until combined. Top with granola bar pieces.

Mmmm, so yummy. The heat of the cereal warmed the granola bar pieces which made it even better!! It was so good that I was sad when it was gone:(

My serving looks a little skimpy because I spilled some of it when I took it out of the micro -duh! I was actually tempted to make more; heaven forbid I not get every gram of food!! I resisted, "made due" with what I had and now am off running a zillion errands today. Only 24 more days til Christmas, aaaaahhhhh......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breakfast looks great! I'm counting down too! Can't wait to be home for the holidays!

Oh, and care to give a quick review on the Curves bar? I've seen Curves bar in stores, and in fact, this lady at the checkout had purchased a huge bulk box. I would think they would be good since she bought so many...

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Sharon - I like the Curves Bar. They are a good tasting granola bar; I have tried both the Apple Streusel and Strawberries and Cream. It's a good low calorie snack for me on the Weight Watchers program (only 1 pt.), but it doesn't hold you for long. There is only 1 gr. of protein in it:( Good as a topping for things like oats, cream of wheat, ice cream, though or paired up with some fruit or string cheese!!