Sunday, December 7, 2008

No Luck

I spent a little too much time getting ready to go to the luncheon, so there was no time for a snack. I was hoping there would be a healthy choice offered at the lunch, but no such luck. The luncheon was set up buffet style and here were the offerings...


  • Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • Caesar Salad drenched in dressing (can you see it???)
  • Tricolor Rotini with Chicken and Spinach
  • Beef Chili with Taco Chips and Cheese

And for the kids

  • Chicken Fingers and Curly Fries

UGH!!!! This was a tough situation, but what do you do?? Not eat, say screw it and eat whatever you want or just take little bites of everything even though nothing seemed worth it? Well, here's what I did...




I figured the salad and pasta would be the lesser of all evils. I really only had a few bites of the salad, a pasta or two and ate all the bits of chicken and greens. I filled up on Diet Coke!! I had 3 - I'll probably be up all night now since I can't handle too much caffeine. I hate when I have to eat stuff that I don't really want. I didn't think it would be good manners to refuse to eat any of the evil food and I know I wouldn't last until I got home. So that's the best I could do. What do you think you would have done? Post a comment and let me know!



Obviously, I was so happy to get home to have a snack! Jeez, sounds like I'm afraid to starve to death! LOL! It's highly unlikely of course, but days like this sometimes come back to bite me in the you know what. If I'm not feeling satisfied with what I've eaten, the munchies come to get me.



So, my snack was lots of chomping and a little protein. That means pretzel sticks and 1 oz. Cabot's 75% Reduced Fat Cheese...


I feel good; this should hold me til dinner (I think!).


No comments: