Sunday, December 14, 2008

Uneventful

Hi Everyone! It's been an uneventful, but busy day hanging around the house (if that makes sense??). I got in a good run on the treadmill this morning. I went a little harder than I normally do on a Sunday, but I felt inspired by my conversations with Katie on Friday nite. I really want to try to run a 5K race sometime in the spring. I have to start practicing running outdoors. We'll see. Anyway, my food today was uneventful also. Nothing creative or overly exciting(hope I don't bore you!). Just some good eats.


This morning I had a ham, egg and cheese sandwich. I used some ham, 1 egg white, a slice of 2 % cheese and a Thomas' Light English Muffin. Really tasty and better for you than Mickey D's...





For lunch, I made a veggie wrap using 2 tbsp. of hummus, some shredded carrots and a handful of baby spinach rolled in a La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Tortilla. Have I told you how much I love this hummus? I know, you're bored. Sorry! (but... it's great!!!!) Along with the wrap, I had a serving of pretzel sticks and a sliced plum. All this goodness for only 6 Points...


No time for a snack this afternoon. I was a cleaning banshee; finished all the bathrooms, did some wash, cleaned kitchen and floors. Somewhere between bathrooms and wash, I made a roasted chicken and some baked potatoes for dinner. I had 4 oz. of the roasted chicken, a small baked potato with some Green Giant Broccoli with Cheese piled on and a sprinkle of 2 % cheddar . I had some spinach left over from last night, so I ate that, too...


Dinner was 9 Points tonight and very filling. I didn't want much in the way of dessert; I never say that, but I guess I really did have some "filling" Momentum- type foods. I made a cup of decaf coffee with skim milk and then decided to add a Gingersnap. It was just enough...


I am so happy with what I accomplished around the house today. I feel like I have a head start on the week ahead. Hopefully, I'll keep my lead... =)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really loving your wraps!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a great day of food. Which hummus exactly is in your wrap?

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Juliet - It's homemade hummus. I used a recipe from Lindsay over at For The Love Of Oats. If you search my blog in the upper left, my post with her link to it should come up. It is AWESOME!

Amanda said...

Marisa - I have run lots of 5K's, even all the way to 2 half marathons. You can definitely do it. I ran my first half marathon before I went on WW and I was at least 55 lbs heavier. Good luck!!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Wow,Amanda- that is AMAZING!!! I would love some tips - I have been having a really hard time trying to run outside. I can do it on the treadmill without a problem, but outside I can't get past the "I'm gonna throw up" phase!! Can you email me some tips???