Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Food In Bowls

The theme for the rest of the day seemed to be : Food in Bowls! Snack time was tricky. I had planned on eating an early dinner instead of having a snack because I was going to be at a birthday party with little daughter until 7:30 p.m. However, I was still full from lunch at this time. I didn't want to not eat something and wait until coming home because I knew I wouldn't make it. There was going to be pizza at the party and you know pizza and I are not good friends lately!! I decided I had to eat something, so I chose a Fiber One Strawberry Yogurt , put it in too big of a bowl, sliced some strawberries and topped it with a dollop of Cool Whip Free and a sprinkle of Fiber One Cereal...





Good decision. It held me over just enough that I didn't feel overly tempted to dig in to the pizza or the cake. But on the way home from the party, my stomach was growling. This had the potential for disaster. Often times I make it through a tempting party only to come home and eat the house down! I kept it under control tonight, though. I felt it was a little to late to have a regular dinner, so I thought some "dressed up" oatmeal sounded good. I don't love oatmeal, but I keep trying to! Well, tonight I liked it. I have been thinking about one of my favorite cookies that I make at holiday time called a Cranberry Hootycreek. Great name, huh! I found this recipe years ago and I love the flavors. It's basically an oatmeal cookie with dried cranberries, white chocolate and pecans. I thought these flavors would be awesome in oatmeal. Right on!! For my Cranberry Hootycreek Oatmeal I used...

  • 1/2 c. old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 c. water
  • 1/4 c. dried cranberries
  • 15 grams white chocolate chips (this was about 2 tbsp.)
  • 1 Kashi TLC Roasted Almond Crunch Granola Bar, crushed(substituted this since I didn't have any pecans)
Cook oats and water according to package directions. Stir in dried cranberries. Dress it up with white chocolate chips and crushed granola bar.


Oh my goodness....


What can I say? Unbelievable good. This came out to an 8 Point oatmeal!!! Yikes! I would not use that many Points for breakfast, but for a dinner and dessert combo, it was perfect! I didn't even look for a sweet or more munchies afterward! I guess miracles can happen...:)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the bowl of oats! I love topping it off with so many different things!