Tuesday, December 30, 2008

They're Baaaack!

I ended up skipping my snack this afternoon; glad I did because I ate quite a bit at my parents' house. There's something about being in the home I grew up in that makes me want to eat!! Probably because there is always something delicious to eat there! For dinner, I ate some chicken with 1tbsp. tzaziki dip(a cucumber garlic yogurt dip), a scoop of brown rice, some green beans and half of a small sweet potato with ICBINB...



And a little bit of salad and a piece of kalamata olive bread...

Then, I had seconds on the green beans and another bite of bread!! I don't know how I did Points-wise; I'll estimate it at about 10 Points.
Unfortunately, the parents still have many Christmas cookies/chocolates around. I dipped into about 3 of these small lemon coated shortbread thingies that were 30 cal. a piece and I had a bite or two of 2 other cookies. I didn't let it go any further, although I was this * close* to going off the deep end again. Instead, we got into a heated game of Wii Bowling (we got the Wii for my parents for Christmas) so it was a good distraction! I think I ended up with a 6 Point cookie dessert. I am over my Points by about 5 today. I don't think it's gonna make that much of a difference in tomorrow's weigh-in which will be a gain anyway, but I'm just glad that I am getting back on track and away from the constant Holiday Eating Buffet!!
The daughters are back and now we are back to reality!! No more "quiet nest". It's o.k. though, we like it that way. At least for tonight ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh yum i love tzatziki!
yay for wii and distractions!! =) that moment is so crucial - right when you're JUST about to fall off the edge. great job today =)

Unknown said...

I love sweet potatos!! That one looks really good!!

Danielle said...

Going home definitely leads to overeating for me too... I don't know why... maybe the lack of judgement and the abundance of good ol' comfort food. You sound like you're handling it so well though so kudos to you! Have a very happy new year :)

Anonymous said...

Wii bowling is soooo much fun! It took me a while to understand how to release the ball properly! LOL

Anonymous said...

ahh i want that bread! :)

Jeanine said...

I just love your blog!
Please send me the recipe for the Fritta thing and the burrito!

jeaninefinn06@yahoo.com
Thanks!

I lost 16 lbs so far but not doing well with the holidays! I haven't wrote anything down in days! Not good.

Elizabeth said...

Hooray for getting back on track!! Happy new year (and I Love wii bowling too!). :)

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Jeanine - the frittata is the fine work of Gina! Here's the link:

http://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com/search?q=lighter+spinach+frittata

The burrito is something I got at Safeway in the frozen food section. The brand is Cedarlane. Here's the link from my blog post on it so you can see what it looks like: http://trimthefat-marisa.blogspot.com/2008/12/shopping-and-baking.html

Thanks so much for reading! Happy New Year!