Saturday, December 13, 2008

Still Not Cranky

I will proudly announce that I am still not cranky from lack of sleep. At least I don't think I am; I'm not asking the family since they may beg to differ and that will make me cranky;) I am pretty tired though, so I'll give a quick run down of my meals today.



Lunch was a wrap using my new La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Tortilla, 2 oz. honey ham, slice of 2 % cheese, lettuce and a squirt of dijonaise (a mix of dijon mustard and mayo). Along with that came my carrot cranberry salad and some Kettle Baked Potato Chips. A filling 7 Point lunch...





A snack probably wasn't necessary today. I wasn't really that hungry, but I fear if I don't eat something then I will go off the beaten track for dinner or after. Also, I think it dawned on me today that eating a little something even if I'm not feeling like it, does help keep my mood even and my energy up. Hence, no crankies! I saw the yummy hummus that I made the other day in the fridge and decided that would be a good snack. I paired it with a couple carrots and a half serving of New York Style 97% Fat Free Bagel Chips. I forgot about these guys; they are so good with hummus...



For dinner, I made the family stuffed shells. Lots of delicious cheese. I didn't want to go there; it would not have been pretty. So, I made myself a serving of Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta. A serving is a measly 2 oz. which is why I don't eat pasta very often; it just doesn't "look" like enought food for me. A 2 oz. serving of this pasta is 180 cal., 1 gr. fat and 6 gr. fiber. which is 3 Points. I added to the volume by sauteeing some mushrooms and spinach; mixed it all together with a bit of my homemade pasta sauce. I sprinkled on 1 heaping tsp. of parmesan and spread the pasta out onto my plate instead of using a bowl. It "seems" bigger that way. Yes, I am that easily fooled! Very tasty...



I finished the night with some decaf Chocolate Tea (which does not taste one bit like chocolate, but it sounds good) and a Gingersnap cookie from last night's party...



Going to crank out some sleep =)




7 comments:

Angie All The Way said...

I know what you mean about fearing that you'll go overboard if you let yourself feel the dreaded hunger!

Your plates are so cute :)

Sharon said...

What does Chocolate tea taste like? :)

loveofoats.com said...

mmmm tea & gingersnaps is the perfect way to end a winter night ;)

Marisa said...

Sharon - the chocolate tea I had last night was STASH Chocolate Hazelnut Tea. I don't think it tasted like chocolate or hazelnut; it had more of a coconut type flavor. It wasn't bad tasting, though, just not what I was hoping for:)

Madison Song said...

Nice blog! Your "fixed up" pasta looks really yummy! Haha and thats funny the chocolate tea doesn't taste like chocolate. But coconut flavor? That sounds pretty good too~

biz319 said...

I love those La Tortilla factory wraps - tons of fiber!

Tina said...

Chocolate tea? Sounds interesting!