Saturday, December 27, 2008

Not Feeling It

I woke up slow and lazy today. I didn't rush to get my sneakers on and jump right into exercise. I'm just not feeling it today. I know why. Too many days of eating with reckless abandon, throwing caution to the wind and over -"enjoying" myself. My body doesn't feel right, now. My mind is trying to hold it together. I know it just takes a few days in a row of eating "back on track", but sheesh, it's so tough to get the momentum going again. I just gotta keep on trying.

I wanted a cookie for breakfast today. A real, sugary Christmasy cookie. It was looking at me. I was looking back. I took a tiny piece of it and ate it. Instant drug. I started the inner conversations and mind games with myself, but then I stopped it all. I mean, I just got off the elliptical for goodness sake!! So, I know the forces of good and evil will be battling over my menu today, but I will try my best! For my real breakfast, I had a Western Alternative Bagel with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Cheese and a clementine...

Then, I got the heck out of the kitchen!!!!!

4 comments:

American Homemaker said...

I know just how you feel :(

♥ Dee ♥ said...

OMG, you are ME!

Read my blog today, and I'm sure you will see yourself.

I love how ya'll make me feel normal. Like I'm NOT an insane freak. Knowing that there are others out there with the same struggles helps.

Which is kinda sad... I need ya'll to struggle... LOL. Mean of me, huh??

Anonymous said...

Haha, I know what you mean. I want a cookie for breakfast too! But great job! In the end, your breakfast looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Your first paragraph - i felt EXACTLY like that today. i know just a few days of good eating will make me feel good again but right now, BLAH!! =)