Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lunch Break

I stopped home for lunch today even though I really didn't want to. The husband had invited me to join him out for lunch, but it was going to set me back in what I needed to accomplish today, so I declined(but I asked him for a raincheck!!) For lunch I decided to have what I would have chosen if I had gone with hubby - soup and a sandwich. I went with Tabatchnick vegetable soup. I know I have mentioned these frozen soups before but, in case you missed it, here's what they look like - in the box and out...




I heard some center cut bacon calling my name, so I answered and made a BLT on an Arnold Sandwich Thin. If you are a bacon fan, center cut is the way to go - 2 slices are 50 cal. and 4 gr. fat. You get all the flavor for only 1 Point. I also had a serving of Kettle Baked Potato Chips. All this goodness for 5 Points...


That power lunch really held me over. I didn't want much of a snack so I went with a Fiber One Strawberry Yogurt with 1 tbsp. of granola. It was just enough to take me to dinner...



The family was having ravioli for dinner tonight, but I didn't want to spend the Points especially since I will be weighing in tomorrow. I decided to have one of these Cha Siu Bao that I bought at the grocery store yesterday...


These guys are steamed buns with a hoisin barbeque pork filling which is a sweet type of filling. These were so amazingly good; soft and doughy. I made these from scratch a while back with a recipe I got from Cooking Light. These tasted exactly the same (ok, better) and sure as heck didn't take any effort to make! Each steamed bun has 210 cal., 4.5 gr. fat, 1 gr. fiber, 8 gr. protein and 320 mg. sodium. One bun = 4 Points. Great for a quick lunch or a party appetizer. I had a huge side salad with some light balsalmic. A delish 5 Point dinner...





Here's the inside of this dough boy...



I ended the night with a "healthy" chocolate cake that I made. I still need to refine this recipe, so I won't share it yet - it seemed a little too "grainy " for me. It was pretty good, but not fabulous which chocolate cake should always be! I iced it with some Cool Whip Free which helped it taste better...


But, chocolate ganache icing would have made it taste MUCH better ;)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Cha Sui Bao - That is so me! :) I never knew you could buy them from the grocery store like that! Now you are making me want an egg tart from the chinese bakery....

Angela Power said...

Oh WOW your food looks AMAZING! Of COURSE you can add me to your blog list, I would be honoured! I'm spreading the linkylove and add you to mine :-)

Amanda said...

You find such creative things at the grocery store.