Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Coffee Is The Answer

I was starving by 11:00. Absolutely, stomach growling starving. I thought my protein type breakfast would stick with me til lunch, but this was not the case. At every turn in the store I was shopping in was one yummy, decadent treat after another. They were begging to be eaten. I was getting worn down and about to give in to some delicious looking iced gingerbread biscotti. Couldn't be that bad, right? NO, my inner Weight Watcher said, don't do it!!!! The way I have been wanting to munch lately, I knew there would be no turning back after eating that. Next, would be brownies, then pizza and who knows, maybe even leftover Halloween candy. Yes, we still have some - what is wrong with my kids????? I could write a book. Anyway, out of the corner of my eye I saw a Starbucks counter in the store. That's it! I made a bee line over and ordered a tall nonfat sugar free Cinnamon Dolce Latte...



Great and only 2 Points worth of damage! Whew, a narrow escape. And it quelled my hunger for the next two hours! Whoa, maybe this is the new weight loss answer. I'll call it The Coffee Diet! Every time your stomach growls, drink coffee! Plus all the hyper-caffeinated-activity will cause you to burn mega calories!! What do you think? Okay, so it's not the healthiest idea. I'll move on...

When I got home for lunch, I had a long awaited package on my doorstep. I have been reading for many months about the wonderful virtues of PB2. This is a powdered peanut butter that has had most of the fat extracted. It is the brainchild of a company called Bell Plantation. All you need to do is take 2 tbsp. of the powdered peanuts and mix with 1 tbsp. of water and viola, peanut butter as you know it! And for only 1 Point!

I couldn't wait to try this out, so I mixed it up and smeared it on an Arnold Sandwich Thin with some Smucker's Sugar Free Strawberry Jam. To go along with it, I had a sliced apple and a half serving, yes I said half, of Kettle Baked Potato Chips. I have never eaten a half serving of chips, but today it looked like enough for me...

So, my verdict on the PB2....Where has this been all my life?????? Oh my greatness, I have not had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich since I was 5! Okay, maybe older. It was a wonderful flashback and a nice change of pace from what I normally eat. I would NEVER spend Points on a PB&J, but now it's completely do-able. This whole lunch was only 4 Points!
Maybe, I don't need The Coffee Diet after all... =)


6 comments:

Amanda said...

I have always wondered about PB2 but didn't want to order 4 jars (isn't that what you have to order at one time?).

Your lunch looked fabulous!

Anonymous said...

HI Marissa!

Have you ever tried the Misto from Starbucks???? If you get the tall nonfat misto with sugar free syrup it is only 1 point! Also, if you need to get a grande, it is only 1 point too!!!!! The nutrition is 60/0/0 for a tall and 70/0/0 for a grande!!!!

Thought you might like to try it!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Amanda - yes, that is true that you need to order 4 jars and I didn't want to order that either. I was worried I wouldn't like it. I ended up getting a jar from Ebay. It was a little pricey doing it that way, but still cheaper than ordering 4 jars and having to figure out what to do with them if I didn't like it!

Kristi- I haven't tried a Misto; I get counter shy at Starbucks because I don't know what all that stuff on their menu is! Thank you for the suggestion! One point is terrific and it seems like such a treat! Now, I'll have Points left for my chocolate!!!

Simple and Divine said...

PB2 is the only PB i eat! I don't like regular PB enough to down 200 kcals in 2 Tbs!

There's now Chocolate PB2!! Holy freaking YUMMY right?? And then there's another country that makes a Crunchy PB2 type of deal and a few others too.

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

S&D - Wow, I didn't know all that existed! I thought Bell Plantation was the only one! Good to know. And the Chocolate PB2 will be next on my list - how can that NOT be good -it's chocolate!!!

Mom of Two Boys said...

Thanks for the info on PB2. I'll be ordering some in the new year :)