Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Day For Two

The husband asked to spend the day together since he was off from work and the daughters still had school. No sitter needed -yay! I still had a bunch of errands, so we decided to meet up at 11:00. I took my breakfast in the car and ate while dropping little daughter at school. I went with an egg and cheese on an Arnold Sandwich Thin. Quick and portable...





I got caught up on all my errands and met up with the hub to begin our day for two (well, two and a half - the dog came with us). We decided to go for a hike through some woods near our home. We bundled up and headed out. It was cold. This is a major feat for me; I hate exercising outside when it's below 30! We saw lots of deer, a cardinal and a woodpecker during our hike. It was so quiet in the woods, other than the sound of our dog crashing through the brush! We stopped midway through our hike for a photo...


So did our dog, Rocky...


After a good hour long hike, we were pretty frozen and ready to head home for lunch. The husband had leftover pizza (surprise, surprise) and I had a serving of yesterday's vegetable barley soup with a turkey wrap on the side...

I still felt like eating, so I also had an apple with some PB2...



After lunch, we watched a movie, What happens in Vegas with Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutchner. It was a cute, lighthearted movie. Perfect for our relaxing afternoon.


Then, it was time to pick up the daughters. Back to reality! And back to snacking for me. I had a few cookies and a handful of chocolate covered pretzels. I'm not going to be too worried about it. It is what it is. I don't think I will go off the deep end and back to my old ways. I'm just enjoying the goodies and when January hits, it will be full steam ahead. I spent some time thinking about some positive changes that I have made and that has helped me realize that this recent overindulging is just a blip on the radar screen (as my Mom would say). I have come too far and made too many healthy changes to let these indiscretions take over. So , I will enjoy these treats within reason, try to keep my main meals in check and the key of all keys, CONTINUE TO EXERCISE throughout this holiday time! Hopefully, that will keep the weight gain damage to a minimum.


Well, off to make some kind of dinner. Be back tonight!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marisa,
That's great you braved the weather and went on a hike. Nice picture of you and the hubby!!
-margie

Trying To Heal said...

glad you had a good day even though it's sooooo cold! i want to see that movie too! my brother's really liked it!

Elizabeth said...

Great attitude! Looks like you had a fun hike (and that is a cute dog!). I'm curious about the Arnold Sandwich Thin. It looks tasty! Is it low in calorie?

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice job on the hike!!! Stay warm!