Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Day, New Breakfast

Sleeping went better around here last night; I think I was in a coma! So, today is good. Sun is shining and I was looking forward to playing around with the leftover potato skins from last night. I decided to make them into Egg and Cheese Potato Skins. I took two of the potato skin shells and put them in the toaster oven to recrisp/reheat. Meanwhile, I scrambled 3 egg whites and some diced green pepper in a pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. I split the cooked egg mixture evenly and loaded it into the heated potato skins. I took a slice of 2% cheese, divided it in half and placed a half on each skin. So easy and so good...

A great "grab and go" 3 Point breakfast! My mind is racing with all the different combos to add to these skins! Speaking of racing, out the door I go... :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marissa! What a great breakfast idea! I would love to use that in one of my posts if you don't mind. Obviously, I'd link back to you. I responded to your question on my site. Have a great day. Gina

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Gina- you're welcome to use it in one of your posts. We could come up with so many different ways to use those potato skins, don't you think??? Just to let you know, I figured the points on the skins by weighing the skin itself. It seems that a 5 -6 oz. potato will result in a 2 1/2- 3 oz. potato skin (total of 2 skins or halves, if that makes sense). And 3 oz. cooked potato is only 1 point! We could go to town on these guys!
Let me know what you think of them:) Have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is awesome! Thanks for sharing! Because wow, I definitely need to go pick up some potatoes!

Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen said...

That is a great idea! I will definitely give this a try soon!