Monday, December 22, 2008

A Re-do

AAAAAHHH! I need a re-do. I start off with good intentions, but in the afternoon, it's all downhill!!! Here was my "planned" lunch today. I made Nancy's Easy Vegetable Barley Soup and had a whole wheat regular bagel with Laughing Cow Light Cheese. The soup was AWESOME and very low Points. It was a filling lunch...



Well, I was still "full " stomach-wise, but the cravings resurfaced this afternoon! I was transformed into the Cookie Monster. In the interest of full disclosure, I even took a picture of this afternoon's eating fiasco...


You would think that actually taking the picture would snap me out of the cookie eating trance! But, NOOOOOO. I ate them all. At least the biscotti was a Cooking Light recipe!! Ha ha, not sure that did me much good. Okay, so the sugary cookies triggered the need to combat the sugar with salt! In came the pretzel sticks and a handful of reduced fat chips! Craziness. I want a re-do!!!!!! Sometimes you just wish you could rewind, you know?? Well, what's done is done. I WILL get back on track for my next meal. Tonight's dinner is going to be ON PROGRAM!


5 comments:

Mom of Two Boys said...

1 point for the soup, huh... that's WICKED! And you have such nice plates to display your food on. Feel free to add/remove any of the ingredients since it's so versatile.

BTW, your afternoon splurge was not that bad... at ALL. You could've done MUCH worse and eaten way more, but you did it the "smart" way. Kudos to you!

Anonymous said...

ooo that is a yummy lunch and i love your cookie assortment esp that biscotti!

Anonymous said...

I don't think your day was bad at all. But I definitely can relate to your feelings about turning back time.

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Nancy - Yeah, it came to 1 Point for a 1 1/2 c. serving in the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder Tool. It's great!

Lindsay - thanks! That biscotti is really good - especially dipped in chocolate ;)

Sharon - aw, thanks! You just keep on enjoying your family time -even though you're killing me with your yummy noodle bowl - I really want to have some!!!

Amanda said...

I should have taken a picture of what I ate in the afternoon yesterday! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! LOL

Every day I just try to get right back on track. Good job!