Friday, December 26, 2008

Five Days

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was busy, fun and full of amazing food and treats! I woke up today feeling "the holiday hangover". Too much food, sweets and not enough sleep will do that to me! Good thing I don't add too much alcohol in there! So, I thought today may be a little rough with trying to reel myself in from all the overeating. I decided to start the day by filling my jug of water so that I would be reminded to drink a lot of it today. I couldn't figure out what to have for breakfast; nothing seemed that appetizing except for cookies and chocolate, which I had to stop myself from just mindlessly grabbing. It's amazing how quickly that mindless eating comes back into play! I reminded myself that the "holiday" is just one day, o.k. give it two and the next "eat -a thon holiday" is five days from now. There is no reason why I should continue to go hog wild until New Years; although it is easy and fun to do! But, I know it will only make it that much harder for me come January. So, I'm gonna try my best to give good eating a chance for the next five days.

For breakfast, I finally decided to just go with what I was in the mood for ,which oddly enough ,was beans! Weird, huh? I made a white bean dip (kinda like hummus) and spread that on an Arnold Sandwich Thin. It was so good! I am glad I went with that instead of a traditional breakfast...



For lunch, I had a turkey wrap using 2 oz. turkey, lettuce and a squirt of dijonnaise on a La Tortilla Factory tortilla. I also had some grapes and a serving of Kettle Baked Potato Chips. A great 5 Point lunch...


I still felt like munching a little after lunch, but I got myself out of the kitchen and the munchies have gone away for right now. I'll keep chuggin the water - hope that helps me out - there is chocolate EVERYWHERE in my house!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about chocolate being everywhere! Boxes and boxes are everywhere, and so many different kinds that I haven't tried either!

Mom of Two Boys said...

You definitely showed some restraint today! I made homemade chocolate chip cookies one day this week and found myself "mindlessly" reaching for them for breakfast, lunch and dinner... I hope that won't show on the scale tomorrow... :)

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Sharon - well, you must try the ones that you have never had before! I loved those cute hedgehogs!!

Nancy - oh,do I know about a chocolate chip cookie daily eating plan! I hope the scale will be nice to you!