Saturday, December 20, 2008

Just Cruising

Sorry for the non-food post yesterday, but did you like the Screaming Banshee???!!! My mom sent that to me last year and it cracks me up! I am the Screaming Banshee!! Life was so busy yesterday. I ran errands, wrapped presents, ran more errands, did some returning, cleaned, cooked, planned cookie recipes, organized stuff and wandered aimlessly around a couple stores looking for some last minute gifts (to no avail, so I'll be doing that on Mon., too!). Craziness.

Soooo, let's talk about the food. It's true confession time. When I committed myself to doing this blog, I resolved that I would be completely honest with myself and anyone who reads about my food intake. There is no perfection, no eating on program 100% and always choosing all the healthy and proper food groups , EVERY DAY, ALL DAY. As much as I would like to live that way, it doesn't always happen. But, this is part of the weight loss journey and I suspect, part of the maintenance lifestyle, too. So that being said, I will admit to not tracking yesterday and pretty much going downward at warp speed. I didn't snap pics of my indiscretions, either. I thought maybe that would make the junk I ate not exist, but I'm just playing games with myself. Anyway, I'll take you through a quick run through of the eating debacle. I started off with some cereal and Soy Slender. Note to self: this is Not a good enough breakfast! It did not stick with me at all. I kinda knew it wasn't going to, but I was in a hurry and it was the quickest thing I could wolf down. I was starving an hour later. Not good; this could have been the start of it all. I think I need a bigger breakfast during these holiday, goodies abound days. I came home starving for lunch and decided on PB2 and SF jelly on an Arnold Sandwich Thin, a serving of Kettle Baked Potato Chips and 2 clementines. So far, so good. Later, when the daughters came home is when it went downhill fast. I had a snack of Fiber One Strawberry Yogurt and a Weight Watchers 1 Point Oatmeal Raisin Bar. And some pretzel sticks and more pretzel sticks, and some crackers with hummus and a Kit Kat and a Crunch Bar(stinkin leftover Halloween candy!) and some cheese and who knows what else! That's all I can remember, but there may have been more of those little candy bars involved. I was in an eating trance. Ugh. I finally reeled myself in, back to reality, and decided to get back on track for my next meal - which I should have skipped because I sure wasn't "hungry" anymore! I did "force" myself to eat a healthy dinner. I did take a pic of that...


So, I think I am feeling back in the game today. However, tomorrow is "Cookie Day" at my mom's house. We bake a ton of cookies (and eat them, too). I don't know what my game plan is for tomorrow. Eat, not eat, plan and track Points, don't. I don't know. I think I will play it by ear. I am feeling pressure to still be losing, but I think maybe I should get through this holiday not worrying so much about a loss, and try to make the best choices I can. No pressure, just cruisin. January is right around the corner and then it'll be crunch time!

This morning, I learned from my breakfast yesterday so I had a filling one. I went with 2 Egg, Cheese and Bacon Muffins and a Thomas' Light English Muffin...


Here's hoping it's smooth sailing in the healthy eating department today...

No comments: