Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Weighed And Paid

I went to my WW meeting this morning. My last weigh-in was 12/20 before all the holiday eating hoopla. I knew I would be up because I did take a peek at the scale the other day. Usually, when I know I have gained I do go to the meeting, but I don't get weighed. Today, I decided to pay the piper and get an "official" scale reading to hopefully get my rear in gear to take off these last 20 pounds. So, it's official - I gained 1.2 lbs. I'm o.k. with that. It was actually worse the other day when I got on my home scale, but I think since I have been back on track these last couple days, my weight came down a little more. Good to know - just takes a few days of doing the right thing to get the holiday weight off. Hopefully, by next week the rest will be off, too!



I never eat before weigh-in, but I did take breakfast in the car. A slice of apple cranberry bread and more apple...







I spent the rest of the late morning and early afternoon making some dishes for the New Years Eve party we are going to tonight and also, for tomorrow when we have my parents, Gram and in-laws over for lunch. In between cooking and cleaning up, I made a quick lunch. I went with a ham and cheese sandwich (1 oz. ham, slice of 2% cheese, lettuce on a club roll), a serving of Sea Salt and Pepper Rice Chips and some grapes...




I dipped into some chocolate after that and a handful of reduced fat chips. I guess I'll let that be my snack. This afternoon/evening will be a little rough with the party starting so late. Dinner will be served and it doesn't start until 7 p.m., so we will be eating much later than I normally like. It's always a bit of a dilema; I don't know whether I should eat first and pick at the dinner, or not eat and wait or just have a snack ,then eat what's there. Ugh. My plan is to wait for the dinner and just do the best I can. I'll try to have a little of everything. I know I will not be figuring Points for all this, but since today is my first day of the weigh-in week at least I have the rest of the week to work it off!



I hope everyone has a fun night tonight, whatever you may be doing! See you all in 2009!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margie,
Enjoy the party tonight and have a Happy New Year!! You've stayed the course, not too many holiday pounds.
-margie

Mom of Two Boys said...

Good for you for weighing in today! I DEFINITELY know how you feel about not wanting to WI when you know you've gained. You and I have 1.2 lbs to lose together, hehe. Good luck to us! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

1.2lbs, i think i would be happy to see a gain like that if i were to weigh-in, which i am NOT (at least not today!)

happy new year!!

Unknown said...

1.2 pounds isn't bad at all. It'll be gone before you know it!!

Happy New Year!!

Roni said...

That 1.2 is nothin! You are doing great!